Social Media Specialist
Are you ready to join one of Canada’s up-and-coming startups disrupting the $160B EdTech space?
Level: Entry / Junior
Reports to: VP of Growth
Location: Can be remote (HQ in Ottawa, Canada)
Description: As part of the Marketing team, the Social Media Specialist is responsible for the effective creation and implementation of all our social media campaigns. They will be responsible for continuing to build the brand, maximize awareness, and drive user acquisition. Furthermore, they will manage the TutorOcean social media presence, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and additional channels that may be deemed relevant like TikTok. The Social Media Specialist will understand what it takes to create compelling brand content, build our online community, and interact effectively with students and tutors.
Our Mission: Empower anyone who wants to share their knowledge with those who are keen to learn, wherever they are in the world!
Who We Are: TutorOcean is a global marketplace, peer-led tutoring platform and virtual classroom software enabling the next generation digital learning environments. TutorOcean is a place where connections are made instantly, knowledge is shared and a community is born without any geographical boundaries.
Platforms like Zoom are still focused on an old paradigm of 1-to-many “broadcast” style delivery in which lecturing is still considered the medium. Others believe VR/AR will be the next key trend until they realize it is just a novelty with limited but useful applications.
We believe that education will become much more highly Socratic and inclusive, in which interactions become more meaningful, and relationships with students continue well after their degree as part of the larger journey for knowledge.
Join us in building a student-centric solution that meets the modern needs of education in today’s highly connected mobile world.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Daily posting, maintenance, and monitoring of all our social media channels
- Propose campaigns and strategies to increase engagement and drive lead generation
- Create and lead the social media marketing calendar including monthly content
- Write engaging, original content with a strong brand voice for all social channels
- Generate content & idea creation for social media posts (captions, ideas, images etc.)
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering traffic and customer engagement metrics
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries
- Stay up to date with changes in social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Track, measure and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI
- Maintain up to date knowledge of social media trends, algorithms, issues and best practices
The right candidate will be able to provide us with the following skills:
- Loves challenging yourself with new projects or creating new marketing programs just for learning
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- Empowered to take ownership of the projects you work on
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to think about processes and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple team members collectively and cohesively
- Strong graphic design skills (Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite)
- Interested in learning how to blend social media and corporate SEO content
- Comfortable with on-camera filming
Technologies we use:
Interested in HubSpot CRM, WordPress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Frase.io, SEMRush, Google Suite and many many more? So are we!
To apply, send a msg and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the subject line of your email contains “Social Media Specialist” and please include your salary expectations in your application.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.
Thanks for dropping by and good luck!