Digital Marketing Specialist
Are you ready to join one of Canada’s up-and-coming startups disrupting the $160B EdTech space?
Level: Entry / Junior
Reports to: VP of Growth
Location: Can be remote (HQ in Ottawa, Canada)
Description: We are looking for a smart, ambitious, marketer who loves to design, create and deliver marketing programs to help support our expansion and growth objectives. You will be instrumental in our acquisition and conversion strategies that help convert both tutors and students while supporting our brand-building awareness campaigns. The person who fills this position will be an integral member of the team tasked with developing exciting new programs, delivering growth experiments and driving our data analytics to ensure we can easily measure our results. Is that you?
Our Mission: Empower anyone who wants to share their knowledge with those who are keen to learn, wherever they are in the world!
Who We Are: TutorOcean is a global marketplace, peer-led tutoring platform and virtual classroom software enabling the next generation digital learning environments. TutorOcean is a place where connections are made instantly, knowledge is shared and a community is born without any geographical boundaries.
Platforms like Zoom are still focused on an old paradigm of 1-to-many “broadcast” style delivery in which lecturing is still considered the medium. Others believe VR/AR will be the next key trend until they realize it is just a novelty with limited but useful applications.
We believe that education will become much more highly Socratic and inclusive, in which interactions become more meaningful, and relationships with students continue well after their degree as part of the larger journey for knowledge.
Join us in building a student-centric solution that meets the modern needs of education in today’s highly connected mobile world.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Own the entire lifecycle marketing strategy helping nurture and convert both tutors and students
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.
- Manage marketing communications (newsletters, webinars, product notifications, etc.)
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.)
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links
- Create blog content and other helpful resources to arm our channel partners with everything they need to succeed
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience
The right candidate will be able to provide us with the following skills:
- Loves challenging yourself with new projects or creating new marketing programs just for learning
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data to inform all decisions
- Empowered to take ownership of the projects you work on
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to think about processes and scale above all else to work efficiently and effectively with multiple team members collectively and cohesively
- Proficiency in HubSpot’s marketing email automation
- WordPress and HTML plus SEO knowledge
- Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite
Technologies we use:
Interested in HubSpot CRM, WordPress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Frase.io, SEMRush, Google Suite and many many more? So are we!
To apply, send a msg and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the subject line of your email contains “Digital Marketing Specialist” and please include your salary expectations in your application.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.
Thanks for dropping by and good luck!