Community Partnership Development
Are you ready to join one of Canada’s up-and-coming startups disrupting the $160B EdTech space?
Level: Entry / Intermediate
Reports to: VP of Growth
Location: Can be remote (HQ in Ottawa, Canada)
Description: We are looking for a full-time community partnership development lead to join our customer acquisition and growth team. We have identified several key industry segments that are ideal opportunities that are aligned with our mission. You will be responsible for making cold calls to potential new partners, build relationships for referrals, develop a thought leadership position on social media as well as create outbound email campaigns. You should be energetic, well-spoken, passionate and driven to create long-lasting relationships by uncovering mutual beneficial relationships around the common goal of supporting lifelong learning opportunities.
Our Mission: Empower anyone who wants to share their knowledge with those who are keen to learn, wherever they are in the world!
Who We Are: TutorOcean is a global marketplace, peer-led tutoring platform and virtual classroom software enabling the next generation digital learning environments. TutorOcean is a place where connections are made instantly, knowledge is shared and a community is born without any geographical boundaries.
Platforms like Zoom are still focused on an old paradigm of 1-to-many “broadcast” style delivery in which lecturing is still considered the medium. Others believe VR/AR will be the next key trend until they realize it is just a novelty with limited but useful applications.
We believe that education will become much more highly Socratic and inclusive, in which interactions become more meaningful, and relationships with students continue well after their degree as part of the larger journey for knowledge.
Join us in building a student-centric solution that meets the modern needs of education in today’s highly connected mobile world.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Understanding partner needs and offering solutions and support
- Researching potential partners from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect partners
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential partners
- Presenting and delivering information to potential partners
- Answering potential partner questions and follow-up call questions
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and partner metrics
- Maintaining database (HubSpot, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective partner information
The right community partnership development lead will be able to provide us with the following skills:
- Takes pride in solving tough problems
- Empowered to take ownership of the projects you work on and loves measuring performance through data
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all-day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanour
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching the next potential partner
- Knowledge of sales processes from initiation to close is a great bonus
Technologies we use:
Interested in LinkedIn Sales, HubSpot CRM, Google Gmail, Google Slides and much more? So are we!
To apply, send a msg and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the subject line of your email contains “Community Partnership Development” and please include your salary expectations.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted within a week or two to confirm a date and time.